Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Terra Tiger - Bob and Erik's Excellent Adventure

Simpleton7016

Bob and I took the day to make an 11 hour trek to pick up a "runner" Terra Tiger yesterday. As is unfortunately all too common, the seller left out a few details about the machine....but all in all, probably a decent purchase. I would probably have passed if it were an hour away, but the seller kind had me by the shorts. Anyway, tried to give the kids a quick ride this morning and promptly broke the throttle cable. Good thing I have parts machines!!
[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/StacyTerraTiger1resized.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Simpleton7016/StacyTerraTiger2resized.jpg[/img]

Nice one Erik, So how did you explain this one to Satan. Naw just kidding, but did the wife kill you or did you have prior approval. Looks like it will be a fun machine.

I used tractor funds (as opposed to "family funds" and told her it was half the price I actually paid and half the distance. I am down to $1.51 in tractor funds and offered to spend that last amount on a candy bar for Bob, but he refused. :)

Yes, this floats, but these tires will not propel it in water. It is in original condition, but someone put that tin plate on the bottom. I am very afraid to look under it, but then when I look down at the floor, there are clearly no patches....so it may have been just a preventative type contraptiion. Mike, you would have been a welcome addition, but would have had to sit on the roof for the ride home....post the picture Bob. This one was in St. Paul. Now I have four, but really only enough parts to complete 2. These things have lots of engineering flaws from the factory and it is impossible to check everything. But this one at least runs which will give me the opportunity to "bench test" my other clutches, torque converters etc (by swapping/mixing/matching them in a "known" runner) before installing them in the final destination.

Does it have "Tank" style steering? I just about got killed in something like this one time,had the side levers for steering and we got it fired up and I flew over a trash pile and...

Erik, You are "King of the Terra Tigers". Congratulations on another find. ^ Lookimg foward to seeing your pictures and reports after you run one through the swamp and/or lake. Carry on.

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Mike, you would have been a welcome addition, but would have had to sit on the roof for the ride home....post the picture Bob.
Tight fit and for five hours rode with the sound of " a-ring-ading-ading-ding-ding-ding.dOddOd Actually it was a smooth warm ride, except when van engine would shut off once in awhile when rolling to the very few stops that were made, he, he.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Daringading.jpg[/img]
A view about 100 miles south of Duluth MN. We have more snow in the Milwaukee area.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/duluthsouthof.jpg[/img]

Nice TerraTiger! And love the minivan shots. If I can find them, I'll post a picture of us bringing home our second Llama in the back of the minivan.

That thing is fantastic! Regardless of what you paid, have no buyers remorse because when you walk outside to the garage, just look at it and tell yourself, "I have a Tiger!" :D

Nice find Erik! I can't believe you stuffed it in the van! That took some thought and some heavy lifting ))Looks like you have the Tiger bug like me! We have 11 now. Need to quit buying them and get a few of them finished! Jeff

quote:
Regardless of what you paid, have no buyers remorse because when you walk outside to the garage, just look at it and tell yourself, "I have a Tiger!"
What's so special about that? According to the "news" it seems like just everybody nowadays has had a Tiger. :O B) :D

Good one Brett! On a side note, I drove a six-wheeler for the first time yesterday. I was having troubles with flooding and couldn't get it to stay running. I farted around with it for hours and pulled the recoil at least 2 or 3 hundred godforesaken times. Old "you know who" came over and troubleshot it for about a whole 5 minutes. His suggestion: a new spark plug. (for the life of me, I couldn't and still cant understand it because the spark plug that I had fired fine and had plenty of spark...it just kept getting wet). But out of reverance and extreme trust and admiration, I "went to the hip" and spent another $1.99 for a new plug. I installed it and sure enough, it ran great! I may never understand the physics and mechanics behind the internal cumbustion engine, so I sure am grateful that there are peolpe like Bob out there! I wanted desperately to take my kids for a ride, but we had a Holiday concert for the kids and it lasted forever....too late to fire up a tiger with a faulty exhaust. So tonight is the night....I will try to post video! Just need to convince SWMBO to film it (thanks for the acronym Carl!)

sm03 Yes thats's first thing to try with any 2 stoke! We always have a spare with us too! We will have a couple of ours out this weekend when kids and grandkids are home for Christmas! Here's our last 6 wheeler sm01grand daughters will like it.