Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Attention members on and in the East Coast!!!

BLT

Adam, That storm has been so nice to us that it is still snowing here in VA at 10:00PM. Don't know when it might get up to you. It started here yesterday about 5:00PM and has not left yet.

Just made my very first attempt at blowing ~5" with my 728 since I bought it this fall. Not too bad going down a slight slope, but had to get off and push to get back up. Lesson learned- I need weights and/or chains!

We got about 2 feet it finally stopped at midnight last night. My blood pressure was 150/100 yesterday and I felt light headed, so I had to take it easy. By the afternoon, I was able to get the snowblower on and chains on the 710 with the V plow, I will now change the V the the flat plow and clean things up. Fortunately my nephew was around to run the plow yesterday. Hopefully pics will follow. jh

Well I finished the blower installation added weights, greased her up, burnished the rust and waxed the auger gave her a try and the belt jumped the pulleys and I could smell burning rubber :(!:(!. I will look for a new belt and try her again. Any suggestions as to why the belt jumped? It is a mid mount PTO on a 7112. jh

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Well I finished the blower installation added weights, greased her up, burnished the rust and waxed the auger gave her a try and the belt jumped the pulleys and I could smell burning rubber :(!:(!. I will look for a new belt and try her again. Any suggestions as to why the belt jumped? It is a mid mount PTO on a 7112. jh
There's a different mounting tab/point for the "tightening" pulley when using the snow blower compared to the location for running the mower deck.

quote:
There's a different mounting tab/point for the "tightening" pulley when using the snow blower compared to the location for running the mower deck.
AhhahB)B), that must be the reason of my belt slippage. I fabbed a piece of metal in an "L" shape and added that in forward tab mount. So I must remove that and re-place the pulley in the forward hole. Again my money well spent. I think I need a new belt as the old one is quite beatsm00sm00. jh

Front flat Idler pulley G (A in lower diagram) is a directional pulley and is installed in lower tab when center PTO is used for blower and upper tab for mower. Rear V idler pulley B (D in lower diagram) is the belt adjustment pulley.

This is the Belt adjustment for the tension on the belt used on the center PTO