Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GregB

Tiller Questions (I know its snowing!!)

GregB
Like the title said, I know its snowing but yesterday I picked up a 1690039 tiller for $85 locally. It's shields are in great shape, the tines do not look worn, but they have a different shape on the working edge. They beveled and thinner than the early b series tillers. I have a set of extensions I picked up for the B tiller. Will they work on the 039 tiller? Previous owner took off the Large 9" drive pulley, So I'll need to find one of those. I do have an 8" and a 10" that I was using on the B-10 for low speed before I got the Hi-Low. Hopefully the shaft sizes are the same. Any idea how much effect the different sizes would have, and which one would work better? Oh well so much of thinking spring, need to go re-arrange cars and positon plow tractor before it gets to deep. And if I get real ambitious mount the blower on the 917.

PhanDad
Me thinks your new tiller looks like this:

Can't help with the tine question. As far as the pulley differences, an 8" pulley will spin the tines 11% faster, the 10" pulley 11% slower using the same driver pulley. IMO, throttle speed should be able to adjust for the difference. Did you see the nice Sweepster Rotary Broom for sale in your neck of the woods?

Too bad it's shaft driven. Wonder how much trouble it would be to convert?

GregB
Yep, occasionally Craigs list works out. The guy has stuff listed there and E-bay. Had it listed before with no picture for $100, with the rest of his B series stuff. Don't need another B series tiller, have two already. But when I saw the picture, and $85, I jumped. He mostly has Sears, but gets into Simplicity also, he said. I almost hate to ask but where is the Sweepster?