Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Today's haul - and it was only 20 minutes away

grnlark

I landed another really nice original condition Panzer T70E this morning. It still has the original Briggs and the rare dual pulley setup for the late model mower decks. I was really suprised at how nice and clean it was when I got there. The best part is that his "asking price" was easily 50% of the fair market value. It was a good day for sure. And as always, when I pulled in, my wife said, "What piece of cr@p did you buy now?" LOL! :D

Whats sweet. I buddy of mines brother has one for sale. Not sure what model or really anything about it. What is fair market value on these?

Great score!! Wow, does the rear axle in that thing looks serious, like a Mopar or Ford 'banjo' housing. I see some backing plates, does it have drum brakes back there? Cool machine!

quote:
Originally posted by Vassal
Great score!! Wow, does the rear axle in that thing looks serious, like a Mopar or Ford 'banjo' housing. I see some backing plates, does it have drum brakes back there? Cool machine!
It is a cut-down Mopar rear end...

Those are really cool looking. Seem to be a hot item for sure. Plus a Mopar rearend. Do I see holeshots in the future. BOB

They ran Dodge rears that were literally yanked from junkyard cars. The funny thing though, is that you never know what you're going to have as far as gear ratios or even in some cases posi's. The rear ends are just narrowed and Panzer adapted foot pedals to make use of the factory drum brakes. It's a real primitive (but bulletproof) design. This particular tractor is a T70 model, but I have a T75 also that I've been collecting parts to make a "holeshot" tractor. I have a running 85 Honda CB700 shaft drive 4 cylinder and a 1950's Chevy 3 speed manual trans I want to eventually adapt to the Dodge rear. To illustrate my insane idea, this is what I want to recreate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeXW41dj44

Nice save! Interesting about the Mopar rear. I know when the Pond's made the first WheelHorse tractors, they used Model A Ford parts, like rear ends.

Nice haul grnlark, I saw this on CL too. The price was pretty tantalizing but I am trying to stay with all orange in my shed though. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it though. :I

quote:
Originally posted by blind_eagle
Nice haul grnlark, I saw this on CL too. The price was pretty tantalizing but I am trying to stay with all orange in my shed though. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it though. :I
Yeah, the last thing I needed was another tractor, but I have a mint mower deck kicking around so I thought it would make a nice mower during the summer. And the best part is, that he negotiated on the price too :D

Beautiful tractor! I love my Simplicitys but I've had my eye out for one of those for a long time - I'm still hoping. Nice addition to your collection!