Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Lift arm compatibility....

grnlark
I saw this arm listed on eBay for a Simplicity Serf tractor. It's NOS. What (if any) difference is there with this arm vs. one on a Landlord 2010? I was able to win it for $20.50. I think the chrome arm itself is shorter, but quite honestly I think it might look cool a little shorter rather than standing tall like a beacon. I figured rechroming mine would definitely be more than $20.50, so even if I just chop off the top section and graft it onto my Landlord arm I will. I figure it will be easy enough to conceal the welds below the orange painted section. I've just never taken mine apart and didn't know if there were any major differences.

timflury
If your going to modify any of those NOS parts, I'll first pack my lift arm parts for you and you can send me the NOS stuff:D. I agree with Mike, you lift the center and rear attachments pushing on the handle. The front attachments pull to lift. While it may be more difficult to lift any attachments, you may put too much stress on the structure of the arm itself and cause it to fail

grnlark
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
If your going to modify any of those NOS parts, I'll first pack my lift arm parts for you and you can send me the NOS stuff:D. I agree with Mike, you lift the center and rear attachments pushing on the handle. The front attachments pull to lift. While it may be more difficult to lift any attachments, you may put too much stress on the structure of the arm itself and cause it to fail
:D I figured for $20 who cares if it didn't work? I'll tell you what though, all I want in the end is an arm with nice chrome. If you have one, I'll even trade the NOS setup to you.

timflury
Relax Matt, The chrome on my lift arm was slightly rusted before I cleaned it up. I can sandblast and paint all my parts and then it would be more difficult to see the difference from NOS parts. Truth is, it would cost a lot more to have your existing arm sent out and rechromed than the $20 you spent on the NOS stuff. In the end, it's all about having fun with your project.