Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

re-canvas material for my new sno-cab?

sammiefish

I picked up a snow cab this weekend... (the kind with the fiberglass top and the tarp sides w/doors) The fabric is a bit brittle for my liking... and I thought Id re-fabric this thing... in orange (it was off a Wheel Horse so its red) anyone have suggestions for material including the window material? also, does anyone have an AC logo stencil?... so I can re-logo the side of this thing when I do get it done?

I took my old one to a yacht outfitter. $ new windows cut to size were $16. They could only sew in the front and the back though because the metal framework in the door did not provide enough clearance for their machine. They can do the canvas too, but their labor is expensive....I just used some bonding adhesive (the kind you mix two tubes together - I forget the name) around the edges to adhere them to the canvas. Worked great! I would recommend just taking measurements and doing the work yourself - cheap, cheap cheap!

Thats my plan... im not afraid of a sewing machine... or glue... Im just not sure about the types of materials (solid and clear) What material did you use... what was the source.... what is it called ...?? Also, did you notice the side and back windows seem softer than the front window?? hmmm?? thanks!!

Hey Chris there is a guy in Watertown NY that custom makes boat Canvases, I don't know his name but I am sure you can google him. For that matter any unholstery shop can probably do it for you.