Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

How much snow needs to fall before u need

AC_B-1Novice
I was wondering how much snow should fall before you need to use your snow thrower. We have not had much more than an inch but it can build up as ice on the drive. It seem like it would be silly to try to blow that little bit. What do you all think? (Long drive) larry

BLT
It's strictly up to you, shoveling or blowing. With an inch or so of snow, you can kick it up a notch and wiz up and down the driveway or spend an hour or so pushing it around with a shovel.

timflury
I got all of about fifteen minutes of seat time clearing my driveway this afternoon. There were about 2-2.5" on the ground. I was able to use second gear to adequately "feed" the blower. My driveway is asphalt and about 35' long. Pull up my profile pictures to see what I use.^

cwm1276
At an inch, I look at the temps. My blacktop drive will melt off if the temps are near 30. Colder I will consider blowing or driving threw it.

dentwizz
If its a skim coat the blower can work like a plow with the auger deactivated also. There were quite a few times I had belt problems and did that route rather than shoveling, cuz, who likes shoveling?:O