Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Don't Leave Your Tractors Outside

Roy
Picture shows what happens if you leave them out in the weather. Battery acid plus crud collected in the bottom of the dash tower rust out the joint between the tower and the frame.

One reason I don't wash my tractors.

D-17_Dave
Seen this on every RBT I've ever opened up. Really plays havic on the electrical system also since the circuit breaker and connector strip are located behind the battery.

Blazerjeepman3
The best thing is still a high pressure air hose to blow debris out of hard to get places. The gap between the dash tower and frame for example. Take a tip of the air hose and go around the base of the tower and you will be surprised how much junk you can get out .Around the gas tank and battery . Open hood and blow air under the tank and battery tray ,also from top side between tank and battery. I clean engine next and air cleaner last. Never use water around these areas. If possible these tractors are better off stored in enclosed garage or barn .My oldest tractors a 64 LL and 64 B10 are in excellant condition due to cleaning this way.

JimDk
Roy, That looks like my A/C 917 when I got it. I had to go to Sandy Lake Imp. and buy a dash tower from Bill's parts pile to save the tractor. Jeremy, The acid from the soil combined with the moisture collected by covering with a tarp does a number on tractors parked outside.