Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ignition Switch Wiring Simp3310V

I am trying to help my father in law get his snowblower going to deal with the every other day 4" snowfall we seem to be getting over the last month here in northern Illinois. If you kind folks can help, one of two things will happen - I'll either have one mean snow removing machine or it won't snow anymore because I'll have the equipment ready to deal with it. The ignition switch has been removed from the unit without regard to what wires go where (not by me thank you - Polish yes, stupid sometimes but not this time). I have checked the wiring diagrams available on this site but they don't show the detail that I need. I've searched the discussion posts for previous problems and finally have just decided to ask for some help. These are the details that I can provide. The keyed ignition switch made by INDAK has three positions OFF, Run, and Start. It has four wiring terminals on the rear. They are marked D,S,B,C. The wires are: Heavier gauge green which leads to the voltage regulator battery terminal which is fused between the ignition switch and the voltage regulator. A purple wire which goes to the safety switch which senses the trans in neutral. A white and a black wire neither of which I can follow. Determining where the black and white wires go would take some doing. The wires are brittle with age and are all taped together with electrical tape. I'm afraid I'll do more harm than good if I try to track them down. If someone could help without tracking those wires down that would be great. If I need to trace them in order to solve the problem that's not an issue. I just don't want to take any risk that I don't have to. Thanks to any of you that take the time to help. Regards, John Adamski

Try s = soleniod or safety (purple), b = battery or regulator (green), c = commom or ground (white?). d = i don't know or can't remember (ground?). This can be a problem if the switch has been replaced with a "look-alike" and the internals are different. I believe a white wire went to the point box junction for grounding the ignition. I found a diagram and will post.