Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord vs B1 questions

AC_B-1Novice

I have a B1 and two Landlord 990314 tractors. The B1 runs and I use it to garden. The steering is quite sloppy. The two Landlords are tractors I bought but don't know what condition they are in. I want to get one good tractor and get rid of the rest. Are there advantages one over the other? I have tiller for each, a snowblower for the B1 A blade for each and a B1 garden plow. I have a 6216 for snow blowing. Any suggestions as to what I should do? larry

I plan on keep in only one of the three. I will not get rid of my 6216. I'll keep one Landlord or the B1. That is the question I am facing. larry

The implements should fit any of the three tractors and I keep at least one of each. Given the choice of the three tractors, I would keep a landlord. The B-1 has a 7 hp engine and hard to put another bigger engine in. The landlord has at least a 9 hp and can be fitted with up to a 16 hp cast iron engine with very little trouble.

"I will not get rid of my 6216". If you do, you better not tell anyone here.;) I had a 6212.5 and still have regrets about selling it to a friend. Darned nice tractors! Chris

The point here is that I think I will have to take the two LL's and make one. One does not have the clutch on the back but I have a tiller with a clutch on it that I think will work on it. The one with the clutch on it has a grassy nest or clog at the bottom of the grill between the engine and the grill. I haven't been able to push either into my shop yet so I don't know anything about them. However I have downloaded the operator's and parts manual for the series and am reading it now in hopes to learn how and where to start. Also I'm counting heavily on the guys here. You all have always been a big help with my B1 and 6216. larry