Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your Best Tractor Memories of 2009????

LesH

What were your best experiences in 2009??? Best tractor shows and pulls? Best tractors/ implements you got a deal on? Best auctions you went to? Best things you got done with your tractor setups? Hope everyone had a safe and fun Christmas!!!

Not trying to brag but this is it. The best deal and tractor fun I have ever had. $360.00 and the wife never said a word. That alone was the best experience of 2009. Happy New Year to all. BOB

After owning it for over a year and not doing anything to it. I started and finished the restore of my 64' LL. Started the year with only two tractors in the barn, finishing with seven....Oh, I've got it bad now.....

Before

After. It's just been a good tractor year around here.:D

Two things come to mind. First was bringing home the 7117 converted to 16HP sigle cyl. Briggs, w/power steering and hydro lift for my mom. The smile on her face was priceless. The secound is me being out on the road all summer and every time I needed her to the 620 cranked right up and off to my chores I went. Boy these are some great tractors.^8D

I can't compete with Robert so I'm staying out of this one. That is unless I can count the Bolens GT2000 (5120H) with power steering, Dual hydraulics, 2spd differential, front and rear PTO's, and hydraulic lift with 400 hours. Oh yah, $200.00. I know this isn't the place for it but it makes me smile :) and looks good setting next to my 3414H. Dang Robert that was a deal you got!!!!!! Congratulations!

For me its finally finishing the restoration on my Allis Chalmers 610. [IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Marksac/CIMG0032650x488.jpg[/IMG] Besides that the tractor shows were good this year. Good gathering at Sussex, Union grove went alright, and Oak creek I froze my butt off... :D

I can say the best deal of the year for me waht the extra attachments i poicked up all in a package deal/ I got a 42 inch blower with hitch and the belt 46 dozer blade used very little 60 inch grader blade and a 36 inch tiller with belt and all its pully and a set of brand new AG tires in rims for 275.00 OH ya the tiller was only used 4 or 5 times and all form the orgianl owner

Hey Bob , This question is for anybody that knows and Bob since you have some tines in your great buy !! Do you know if those tiller tines you have will fit an old 32 " Heavy duty tiller Model number 990455. If so would you be interested in selling them. I got a tiller from a friend who no longer needed it but it needs new tines. Thanks,Larry

I think they will fit. But I am no expert on this. The set I have came in a complete extension kit. I actually removed them from the broken down original box. Might sell a bunch of stuff after the 1st. Don't know yet the Christmas bill has not caught up with me yet. BOB

Found a B112, with original sicklebar, belly mower, tiller, spring tooth harrow and a shop built hiller and middle buster in downtown Baton Rouge just 7 miles from my house. After all my fruitless efforts to locate an Allis FDT I found one of only four AC branded garden tractors I have ever seen in Louisiana.

landlord with wheels bought for a hundred dollars, needed some tlc the b 10, was $300 came with a blower, blade, deck weights and all rods the other landlord was gettin new axle seals both non running machines at purchase now there workin, file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/My%20Documents/tractors%201%203.jpg file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/My%20Documents/tract%203.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by MarksA-C
For me its finally finishing the restoration on my Allis Chalmers 610. :D
Mark, looks great, You are getting to be quite accomplished with restoring these little tractors.

For me I guess it was picking up the 616 yeoman (long haul, all the way from across the street), then finding the blower and blade for it. Haven't done much with it yet, but it is such a cute little thing! Also getting the tiller and making all the mounting pcs I couldn't find to get it going on my Allis 810GT. Biggest dissapointment is no snow cab for the 810 yet.

Steve

Best tractor shows and pulls? Best tractors/ implements you got a deal on? Best auctions you went to? Best things you got done with your tractor setups? My best 2009 memories... The Sussex show where I met Bob, Erik, Tom, Mark, Todd and his boy, Dan, Mike and others who's names escape me.

That's my 525 in the foreground, Mike's 515 in the middle, and Todd's 535 on the left. I was able to witness the garden tractor pull at the annual North Prairie Harvest Festival. The Cub Cadets are quite popular to the pulling club that hosted the event. My attachment purchases,

My $60.00 tiller that I have about $60 bucks into just to get it to work.sm00 And lastly, hanging out with Simpletom at our "Private" hunting grounds,,,, the Mukwonago Community Auction.

Best, (well depending on how you look at) Blowing the gasket (on top of the engine, under the carb) on the 18HP command in 7117. It gave me the courage to fix it and wanting to do do more. Not more gasket repair on the command, but more tractor repair and wanting a second tractor. The sense of accomplishment to tear the engine down that far and put it back together was great.

Buying a 7790H for $210. It runs fine except for needing rings (smokes a lot and uses oil). That's one of my sons and 2 of my grandchildren on it in my garden.
[img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/427435/AarontheBoysandOldSmokey.jpg[/img]

My fun was driving to DC to get 2 tractors, 2 mower decks, a tiller a snow blade and a sickle bar mower for free! Was a 14 + hour journey though. The last one I made with my Dakota before it met the "Cash for clunkers" ax.

I had two tractor related events this year that stick in my memory. First is when johnmonkey got in touch with me about making a ring that fit the outside of a rim to build a dual wheel setup. I gave him my opinion of how to do it, then later he gave me a set of the rings for helping him. Now I can build a set of duals whenever I get four tires the same size. Thanks again John. The second event was when I purchased the McKissic chipper/shredder from Ambler. I had always wanted one, but didn't realize how really nice they were till I installed it on my 716H and started destroying a pile of limbs that had fallen from my maple trees during a storm. Now I don't have to load the limbs on a trailer and haul them to the dump, I just make mulch. Thanks again to you Ambler.

Mowing the lawn of my new house for the first time on gramps 3314H just like I learned to when I was just a little kid 35 some odd years ago. God speed gramps. :)

selling my 4212h, 6116, and 6216 and getting a 7012, a barely used original 2012 with a 46in dozer blade and all 4 t bolts, a tiller a 42in deck, and a freshly restored belly grader blade, and last but not least a 3012 with the dual wheel kit, weight box, 48inch deck, 42inch snowblower weights and oh yeah....a LOADER attached to it with all the origianl manuals for that tractor including loader manual, engine and tractor manual....AWESOME YEAR FOR TRACTORS!!!!

Watching my 6 year old Grandaughter driving the wonderboy 575 around the yard.After she was done with that we tilled the garden with the 3216 then taking out the farmall A and driving it around the yard . Nothing is more fun than that. Bob

For me its got to be getting my first FDT 64' MW Squire 9 and getting it running...going to get a blower deck and tiller for it tomorrow!! WOOT WOOT

• Who's Online (See full list)

• MikeES
    • PRMax9020
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts