Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
msiebern

Seat Time

msiebern
I was not going to plow our drive on Christmas Eve as they were calling for rising temps and rain and figured it would do the work for me. then the wife came home, well part way home and got her car stuck in the drive about half way up the hill. Funny, I didn't have any trouble with my 4 wheel drive. :p So at the order of SHMBO, I got out the 3012 and began the battle. Went fairly well down hill, but the ice pack underneath really caused some problems coming back up the hill, especially with the 2 ft hard pack drift. Was gaining on the war when the 3012 dies in the middle of the the drive. No go. :O Walked up to the shed and took the scoop off of the 2012. Glad when I made the e-scoop that it attached with just two pins. What a beast! With the 16 hp Briggs repower it never bogged a bit. After 2 1/2 hrs of pushing snow back to clear the drive and make sure I had enough room for the next session if the meltdown did not occur, I had a nice boulevard for a driveway. Hooked onto the 3012 and drug it back to the shed for later investigation. True to plan, it got up to 40 and rained so you could not tell on Christmas afternoon all of the fun, er I mean hard work from the previous day. Oh well it made the wife happy and got me some quality seat time. The 16 hp makes you want to look for immovable objects to tackle.}:) It is sitting ready for the next go around. Oh yeah .. got a new seat cover for the 2012 for Christmas. Will have to put the Green Bay Packer blanket in storage that I had been using for a seat cushion. dOd

Corncountytractors
Mike you must have got more snow than we did. Only a few miles away here in Bryan,Oh. We used the blower for that snow we got last week. And now after the rain the drive is all clear. Almost completely dry now. Glad you got everything taken care of I have seen your drive. Happy New Year. BOB:)

goatfarmer
We didn't get much for snow either, 'bout an hour west of ya. The freezing rain sure did a number, though. Glad ya had some fun, Mike!

Cvans
OH we got the snow! They say 15 to 17 inches on the level and I believe it. The old 3414 and blower really had to grunt to get the job done. She ran like a clock though! Three hours later and I can get to all the buildings and I can now drive up to the Hangar. A little finish work with the Kubota and I should be done. I have never seen this much snow on my roof. Buy the time I got it pulled down (Standing in the big tractor loader bucket) my arms felt like they were going to fall off. I have to figure out someway to get the Baron up on the roof:D Chris in SD.

msiebern
quote:
Originally posted by Corncountytractors
Mike you must have got more snow than we did. Only a few miles away here in Bryan,Oh. We used the blower for that snow we got last week. And now after the rain the drive is all clear. Almost completely dry now. Glad you got everything taken care of I have seen your drive. Happy New Year. BOB:)
We really didn't have all that much snow, maybe 3-4". but if you remember the tree line is on the west edge of the drive and open to the east for at least 2 farm fields. That east wind we had dumped everything right at the treeline and into the drive. :O