Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

allis chalmers HB 212 I need help please

swank1

Hello , I'm working on restoring a HB-212 which tractor is almost done but one of my problems is finding the right belt size for the Snowblower 2029935 . Can anyone help me with the proper size belt for this snowblower . Thank You

Welcome to the club! If you have a 42" blower, The Belt & Blade manual calls for belt #1721533. The size is 56.1" long and 1/2" wide. You can get a new OEM belt at any Simplicity Dealer. The Simplicity belts usually last much longer than generic brand belts.

42" Snowthrower Drive 1721533 Length 56.1" Type HA 36" Snowthrower Drive 1721533 The belt type is HA not ½" as you can see by the cross section chart there are 4 different ½" wide belts HA, HC50, 1/2, No 2 (4L) they are different thickness and profile shape. For a belt to work correctly in the OEM pulleys you should have the correct profile. There are people that will contradict this but this is by the book not a shade tree solution. Aftermarket belts will not last like an OEM Simplicity belt. Aftermarket belts are not designed to run at 90° twist angles and on the backside of the belt at 90° angles. Simplicity belts. Stens cliams to have belts equal to Simplicity OEM but only have 4 part#'s listed. Aftermarket belts are cheaper but after you buy 2 sometimes in the same day they are more expensive.