Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dmsmitty2004

White Christmas

dmsmitty2004
Well, dont know how much snow we actually ended up with since the snow came in sideways from the wind and just drifted all over the place. Weatherman seems to think it was around 12 inches. But I managed to get some seat time yesterday, after shoveling a bit to get the tractor out, before having to leave for a family dinner. Today however was a different story. If anyone recalls this is the tractor I picked up earlier this summer with the busted axle tube. (Couldn't find the original post.) Finally had time from working and family and Fiance time to get the thing fixed up a few weeks ago, and then rushed around getting the snow blade put on. Allis 919 all ready to go the other night, plus the gas cans that got stacked up next to it, to keep it running and should be needed the generator.

. Today Dad and I rolled our matching tractors out together and cleaned the driveway to the house, the shop driveway, and 5 others. Then I assisted another neighbor with some jobs he had in town, since his Wheelhorse was throwing a fit in the drifts. In between time the tractors decided to take a break and line up for a photo shoot proving they were working.;)

After Realizing I was having all the fun because I had better traction on my tractor, dad wanted his turn. So I couldn't resist snapping a picture of him climbing part of the snow mound I had just made.

I forgot to get pictures before starting, but the drift in the shop driveway was about 4 ft deep. Yes, I'm pretty sure these tractors are the same, based on mfg numbers. The 918 appears to have been repainted before, so I think it got different decals. along with having the snow blade hacked and made to the previous owners liking, But its how we keep track of which tractor is ours.

Simpleton7016
Plowing is much more fun than snow throwing. As soon as the kids are grown, I think I will sell my snowthrower. My bachelor house had a driveway carved into a hill and a 12 foot lannon stone wall on one side. It often drift nearly the entire 12 feet. I only had a plow in those days. I would open the garage door to see nearly the entire opening covered, smile and think to myself "oh yeah"! It looks like you are having fun in the pictures...it must be a blast tag-teaming those drifts!

MPH
Here most the plains states got hit pretty hard, surprised we don't have more pics. Thanks for sharing yours, looks like you had fun and got the 'work' done at the same time. ----Plowing is much more fun than snow throwing.----- Totally disagree with you on that statement Erik.

Ronald Hribar
Agree with MPH nothing is a clean looking as fresh snow that has paths cut into it by the snowblower. Looks like mother nature decided to spare certain areas.

dmsmitty2004
I say snow blowing is just as fun as plowing! I just don't own a blower for any of my 6 tractors. And I'm to lazy to get the old walkbehind blower running. Agco918, Dad and I are used to working together, considering we own and operate a business together.

Sign in to follow this