Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hard cab

Ronald Hribar

I would like to put a steel cab on my Prestige. Really like Maynard's cab on his Legacy. But have been told it is way to big for my tractor. I've seen some Green cabs thaty are similiar. Also a Case cab which comes close. I need 43 inches from the back of cab to the front attachment point on the foot rest. Any ideas out there ?

Original Tractor cab makes Simplicitys soft cabs and are available only though Simplicity dealers. The Hard cabs are made by Lugstein in Austria. http://www.lugstein.com/ http://www.lugstein.com/en/safety_cabs_compact_tractors2.html

1692933 - Hard Side Snow Cab This attachment is not serviced by Simplicity. Please contact the following attachment manufacturer for service parts, service information, and technical literature. FEMCO, Inc. 500 North 81 By-Pass P.O. Box 1186 McPherson, KS 67460 (316) 241-3513 (800) 677-0898 Fax: (316) 241-3532

I picked up a used John Deere hard cab with the canvas removable doors. I was told it came off a JD 200 or 300 model. It took some adapting but it fits well on my Simplicity 6200. I leave it on year round. The doors and back glass comes out so its not so hot in the summer. I didn't give much for it, I hope to paint it to match the tractor this summer.

You know, I don't want to suggest that I don't love my hard cab, but dollar for dollar, I think the soft cabs are better as long as they have the hard front windshield and top. The way I see it, the advantages of the hard cab are two: looks cool / 'wow' factor, and the unbelievable weight - mine weighs 250 pounds. But those can also be negatives if I ever need to buy parts or change the BGB fluid or anything under the seat pan. - The hard cab is infinitely louder inside. - It is not any warmer as I had hoped - The windows need to be scraped of frost - It is so heavy that it needs a dedicated tractor - hence storage is a problem - It will rust - It is more difficult to get in and out of - If I ever slip this thing into a ditch, I am screwed. Etc, etc. There are more disadvantages, but these are what I can think of off the top of my head. The electric windshield wiper is very nice as is the factory fuse box, but both of these can be had/added to the standard soft shell cab as long as it has that hard front windshield/roof. My two cents.

Expand your search....maybe call Chris Giese at the Original Tractor Cab company b/c many of those hard windshield sections were universal across model lines. I had one from a Bolens and it was exactly the same as the Simplicity ones.

Thanks Eric I'm hoping hard cab is roomier. Planing on some type of heater to keep windshield clean Engine noise or cab echo noise ? Thought of Storage Comet66 that is problem I mayhave with Case Cab

Gosh Ron, Maynards cab sure looks roomier, but it sure doesn't feel like mine is. You can come over and test it the next time you are in the area. The noise is both engine and cab echo.