Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

7116H Carb

RayS

Picked up this 7116H a while back that had a plastic tube sticking out the side of the air cleaner. Removed the air cleaner and the paper element is missing from air cleaner. Anybody have a clue as to while someone would put this plastic tube on the carb? Seen alot of hacking in the past but this is one of the strangest I have seen.

msiebern
Fuel Injection or Nitros hookup for pulling. :o) I think the others have it right as a priming mechanism. Quite an interesting concept. Will have to save a pic of it for the knowledge bank. :D

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by msiebern
Fuel Injection or Nitros hookup for pulling. :o) I think the others have it right as a priming mechanism. Quite an interesting concept. Will have to save a pic of it for the knowledge bank. :D
I believe they are right as well. No filter, missing welch plug and half full of oil. More than likey a parts tractor but I believe I done well for the price. Got a new 22NF battery with the deal. Amazingly it still has the heat shield on engine.

MikeES
In technical terms it is an IED. In non technical terms a YC. That's what a tractor pulling tech inspector would call it. "Illegal Enhancement Device" or "Your cheat'n". Probably just a homemade NOX injector. ^

RayS

I bought this 7116H cheap off of craigslist. The owner said the hydrostat went out of it. So when I was getting some parts off the hydro for Ron I didn`t pay much attention to what was wrong. A week later Ron needed some more parts that is when I noticed that the drive pin was missing in the picture above. No idea where that would have went to but now I know why the previuos ower stated that hydro went bad.

RayS
It was missing number 1 in the picture. That is why it wouldn`t move. A .20 cent part from the hardware. But the motor was bad anyway and I got some parts that I needed.