Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Fantastic score

grnlark
A few weeks ago I saw a tractor posted on Craiglist as a "Sears Puller" with a 16 hp twin. It had no pictures, but I was curious to see what it was about. So I emailed the person and asked for pictures. What I saw was far from appealing as far as the tractor itself was concerned - it was a total hacked up wreck. But it appeared to have a decent Vanguard motor on it from what I could tell in the pictures. So I called the guy who turned out to be a kid. I don't really know what the true story was behind the tractor, but the whole thing seemed a bit sketchy. He said it had a 4 month old 16hp Briggs Vanguard with electric start. He wanted $700 for everything. So I tried my luck and offered him $300 for just the motor. I couldn't believe it, but he said ok. I told him to leave it on the tractor as I wanted to inspect it running and that I'd help him remove it. It purred like a kitten and was purchased new in 05/09. It has both the electric start and the manual recoil. Driving away I couldn't believe what I had just gotten for $300.

B10Dave
dOd Double the horsepower, double the fun. Looks to be a good fit without altering any sheetmetal. As Roy says "Carry On"!

Sign in to follow this