Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Over priced AC 920 on Craigs List

At least I think he's dreaming on the tractor. He'll sell the loader for $1500 which is in the ball park, but $2000 for a non-running 920??? [url]http://rmn.craigslist.org/grd/1523276769.html[/url]

I think it is but I would be a buyer... My guess is running its a 1000 at best....I would not touch it not running for more then 500. Thats just me. One of the club members restored one and sold it in perfect shape for 1400 or 1600 if I remember right...

Craigs List can bring the different individuals. Both sellers and buyers. I have a guy who insists he is sending me a check, along with shipping fees for a blower I have for sale. He won't call and speak with me, but tells me I should cash the check (when it arrives, Fed Ex overnight, should be here tomorrow) and when it clears he will set up the shipping?!?! I'm keeping this one tight to the vest. Something smells........

Send it back, it will be for more then your asking and then he will want the excess back minus a little something for your trouble. When the check comes back nsf you will be stuck with fees, not to mention the money you sent to him...I just tell people cash is king, all others step aside:D They usually have a gmail account as well...Good luck...

I agree on the spell check and as far as the Gmail. I don't trust anyone that uses it. I have seen too many scammers over the years using Gmail. BOB

Be very carefull withthis buyer. Here are somethings to look for. There are many variations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud Everyone should be familiar with these. We work too hard for our money.

Play the game on him, when you get the check tell him the envepolpe was empty, what is he trying to pull, then on the 3rd mailing tell him your onto him...he is out 60 bucks and your out nothing. My buddy actually called the cops in Oconomowac WI and they basically blew him off saying they had other things to investigate...this only happens because its not a violent crime, and the authorities don't take an interest. The best thing people can do is hit em where it hurts, their pocketbook... Just think if 10 people a day did this:D

I personally don't have time to partake in these reindeer games, but I sure do enjoy reading about others who do. There is a website dedicated to scamming and humiliating scammers called ebolamonkeyman. Google it if interested, but beware b/c it is chalk full of distasteful language.. so be careful.

Erik, its 15 seconds at best 3 times. I know your at a desk durring the day and probably type like I do...It takes longer the think the sentence thru then put it to the computer...plus its cheap entertainment :D

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Craigs List can bring the different individuals. Both sellers and buyers. I have a guy who insists he is sending me a check, along with shipping fees for a blower I have for sale. He won't call and speak with me, but tells me I should cash the check (when it arrives, Fed Ex overnight, should be here tomorrow) and when it clears he will set up the shipping?!?! I'm keeping this one tight to the vest. Something smells........
I had a situation like that. As soon as I got the check the guy kept hounding me for the change which would have been around 3K. For some reason my bank took an unsually long time before they determined it a fake. Luckily, like you I smelled a RAT,was patient and waited. Please do the same. It's a shame some people fall prey to this, when they see $$$$ signs all logic and precautions fall out the window.