Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
timflury

"Serfin" my driveway.

timflury
For your viewing pleasure..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qheMzvKl84g A thank you goes out to my wonderful wife,,,, the camera operator. Even though it was only a couple inches of light powder, the blower's discharge was quite spectacular. Shortly after the clip was shot, I noticed the left front tire went FLAT!wah Rolled it right off the bead. And I don't need a cab.

B10Dave
:OI find it amazing that a 5hp engine will pull a tractor,operater and blow snow all at the same time!!! These little tractors sure are good. I will have to keep my eye out for a B206 or similar to add to my yellow Allis fleet.:D

toomanytractors
Well,Tim, between the car in the garage and the pickup across the street you sure scared me! That's a great looking little machine. And, yes, you need a cab---you just haven't been turned into a frostsycle often enough yet. I just finished putting one on my '91 Sovereign and can't wait for two feet of snow to try it out.

Simpleton7016
Astonishing Tim! I think you have that set-up dialed-in and performing optimally! I would like to see a cab on that thing....actually, I'd like to watch you climb in and out of it!! Kind of like the clowns piling out of a car at the circus.

timflury
Mike and Tim, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350265642486&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I'll bet if you low ball this guy, he just might make a sale. Also, thanks to Tom, I fit a tiller which will be used in the spring to scratch up some soil for some new grass AND a veggie garden.

As far as a cab goes,,,, I don't even have my heavy layers on yet, plus, I own some ECW gear from when I was in the service, besides, it only takes me all of fifteen minutes to clear the drive, approach, and in front of the mailbox. As I looked closer in the video clip, when I was coming back up the drive, I noticed the left front tire was already flat, that's why I was having so much trouble turning around. AND,,, My "New to me" Hi Lo pulley should arrive soon. After I tear it down, check for wear and replace worn parts, I'll mount it up and have me a "six speed". Erik,,,, did you get your prints I sent you??

SimpleTom
You know what Tim. You could probably get one of those cabs for walk behind snow blowers and make it fit. At least you wouldn't get snow in your face. Tom

timflury
I shot more video for your viewing pleasure. Notice how the tractor disappeare behind the snowbank! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eRZRpfGGL8 It's a little long, but I'm a rookie with the youtube thing.

BLT
Now you need to find another Serf and use it strictly for snowblowing and with an 11 HP engine to give it some "big" muscle,ar,ar,ar. I'm impressed.;);) Maybe Todd Bader has another Kohler 18 HP vertical he would sell for reeeaaal cheap!!!:D:D

Sign in to follow this