Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Good price or not?

peterinbrooklyn

going to buy a 3belt snowblower, 42" deck and a tiller with no PTO...all in good shape and working condition. Guy said $150 for everything. I am just wondering if this is a really good deal or should I wait for a better deal...

My opinion, the three belt blower is not worth the scrap price of the steel, unless you want to make it a restored collectors piece. Complicated belt drive, have to get off the tractor to de-clutch the auger. The Tiller will be useless without the large pulley drive unit that mounts on the tractor. If the deck was in real good shape, maybe it would all be worth the price. Personally I would pass, my two cents value accordingly

yeah I am actually wanting the blower just to have it for the wards...and paint it the same color along with the blade I already have and the deck and tiller painted to match...that way I have some kind of matchinig things for the Squire 9

I would give you a he** of a deal on 3,3 belt blowers if you want to drive to GreenBay.They are sitting in back of the shed and I have no need for them. Bob