Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dutch's Serrated Grader Blade

B10Dave

:( Sorry to hear about "Dutch" passing. Didn't know him myself but I understand several of you purchased grader blades from him. Would it be possible for someone to post pictures and dimensions of one of these blades and hitches. I have the equipment and skills to make a blade if I had one to copy. Thanks in advance.dOd

:)Maynard Thanks for the picture of the grader blade.Do you have a picture of the hitch,or could you steer me to a source for one? Thanks again;I appreciate any help I receive on this site.sm01

I have a drawing of the hitch but no measurements. It is the same hitch used with the 42" snow plow/dozer blade minus the lift arm. John Holcomb a member here made a few grader blade hitches to go with Dutch's blade and sold them to members.

From here on out I think ALL GRADER BLADES should now be referred to as DUTCH BLADES in memory of Dutch. I used to get a big kick out of Maynard and Dutch as I often confused the 2 of them on my replys.

Thanks again Maynard. Now can anyone supply the correct dimensions for the drawing provided? Also is there a way to print off only the diagram and not the whole thread? Thanks in advance. Dave

i think that calling them "Dutch Blades" is acctualy a very good idea so everyone will know that he originally created them and it is also kinda catchy

Dave, Go to the top of topic page,click on print,scroll down to the diagram,right click,select view image,it will show the image,then go to top left of that page,click on file,select print.Jerry.

I am sorry to hear of Dutch's passing. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I have one of Dutch's blades attached to one of John's mounting brackets and it has been used a lot on my gravel driveway.

I too am sory to hear of Dutch's passing. Making a grader blade like Dutch's is not a s easy as it may seem, Dutch had his blades made at a manufacturer that made cutting edges for road graders. His blade was actually a grader edge, shorter with the correct punching for the hitch. The biggest trick for building one is getting the 4140 or 4150 steel forming and machining it and having it heat treated. If you need the dimensions for the hitch E-mail me at holcomb@t-one.net and I will go out and dig mine out of a snow bank and send them to you. I konw you think "why can't he just post his print?" but all I have is a solid model and the parts were all made with the CNC off the solid model no print required. Sorry again about Dutch. John

Sad to hear that Dutch has passed. Aside from the mower deck, I'm certain that I use my Grader Blade more than any other implement I have. Best thing going to keep my driveway nicely shaped, the serrated side works great to loosen up compacted gravel. If I remember correctly, I also believe I was lucky enough to purchase one of the first hitch's from John. Now, if I could just get my hands on a 990370 Weed Cutter...