Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

46" adjustable plow on 6200 (pics now)

sunrunner

Could I see some pics of how the lift and control rods are mounted for the 46" plow that you adjust from the seated position - I may need to fab a rod or extend where it connects to the plow frame(mount on plow frame has a 6" difference in height to clear the front tire than my 42" plow frame) - Thanks, Chris

The thread onebadfish has above is on a 7100 series large frame tractor and won't be much help to you. If you PM Sunrunner I believe he has a 6200 series with a plow on it.

"If you PM Sunrunner I believe he has a 6200 series with a plow on it." - Thanks for the compliment - These pics will help alot - Thanks again

FYI: In the thread I linked above, there's an additional image of Storm's set up with a close up view of the operator side of the controls, as well as some of Maynard's wizardry.

Sorry Sunrunner I didn't pay attention to who wrote the original post, and I thought you already had one. I didn't realize you wrote the post. I just knew you were the 6200 king.

Thanks to all - I ended up taking the 8" front tires off and put them on the 6218 tiller set-up and put the stock 6" on this tractor, bent the lift rod a little and all looks and works good from a none moving stance, will test her tomorrow - will get some pics also

42" plow

46" w/8" fronts and remove pin to angle

46" w/ seat angle and back to the 6" fronts - The control rod handle does not interfere with the brake pedal, the pic makes it look that way

Nice looking 6200. This series was my first tractor and is still one of my favorites. The person who owns it now really likes it also. Chris

I had the stock control handle on first, but it interfered with the lift handle when in the down position - Nice to do the drive now without having to figure on how to do it (with the last set-up)so you leave the seat the least amount of times^