Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yazoo-- "Out Front" Mowers----

LesH

I just bought an older Yazoo riding mower--Model YR-48-- (My Happy New Years present!!!) It is 3 wheeled and has a 48 inch deck out front. Engine is a 16 HP Briggs. It was one of those I had to have, looks interesting. Has anyone ever had one?? Good mower?? Problems?? Thanks and Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!

I bought a used one from a church quite awhile ago for $125.00 because the operator complained about the engine missing. Turned out to be a cracked head and nothing more. Transplanted it into 3112 and gave the rest to my cousin's son who had two of them back then. Yazoo is still in business. The original three wheelers were bullet proof.

It looks ungainly, but that mower will be able to cut small saplings in a single bound! I sold one a few years back with a Wisconsin on it, should have kept it, as well, but the back yard was getting full, and I needed space for a few more interesting pieces. You can use a Yazoo rider for a small bush hog. I use my walk-behind Yazoos like that. A friend of mine collects them, about like most of you collect Simplicitys

Are they the same manufacturer of the mid deck mount ones that make the deck basically the frame? I know a guy who has three of this style form either 42" to 84" with either briggs or wisconsin motors. They also have three wheels. The gentleman says they are yazoo, but I cannot find any picks of them. Thanks, Benjamin

I have a vintage Yazoo Master Mower,walk behind self propelled.These are tough units and easy to work on,I intend to restore the thing and use it, has two blades top and bottom,looks like it was designed as to be used as a bush hog. The collection cage mounted on the side was a large ungainly fabricated pc. of junk,I ripped it off and will put a deflection chute on the Vac shaped deck. Yazoo is worthy of repair/restoration.

back in the day.... when i worked for NYS Parks we took some of these (~1986) on low bid but at that time Cushman was a big competitor on the front line mower deal. These were somewhat cheaper (and they looked it) as they were very much more a simple machine... a very good idea.... sorta reminded me of the National Triplex but in a front line model. i had since left the equipment management scene so I cant give you longevity evaluations but probably a pretty good machine.. and easily serviceable as much was exposed....