Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Snowplowin'

Chris727
Had a couple inches of snow the other day. Temps were above freezing so to avoid a slushy mess I got out the B-110 to clean things up.

The light is plugged into an adapter with aligator clips hooked directly to the battery.

It tends to have trouble cleaning snow that has been packed from the car going over it. I think I may need to add a rubber wear edge for better cleaning? Has anyone ever done that? I also had traction problems on the sloped concrete in front of my shed. On the packed snow the ags just slip.

joshuaareed
Sure looks like you are having fun. I have to go out in the morning and clean things up a bit, we got about 2 inches tonight and there was already about 2 inches n the ground from yesterday. Happy Plowing

comet66
I don't know about getting off the packed stuff, but I know a couple of guys that have installed a rubber edge to keep from marring up their concrete.

gwiseman
love the revolving light! doesnt seem to snow as much or stay as long as it used to in MO. and 1st snow never pushes right for me (or the 1st drives) but after the blade gets cleaned and coated with snow it pushes better. looks great! cleaned that drive very well. question: you run wear edge fully down on drive? do you prefer this or raising just off drive with adjustable pads? either wear quickly.

sbull78
on my 2012 i have ags with chains and 30lb. weights(switching to 60's soon) and it will plow about anything now..i did have just weights and ags and it would slip and slide quite a bit...i also took and old weight bar and cut it about 18 inches long drilled a hole in it and put it in the sleeve hitch.. then i put about 100lbs of old weights on it and saved the collar from the bar and put it on the end of the bar to keep the weights on...now can go thru about anything...i have even pushed back 3 foot piles of hardend snow with no issues..it will also scrape my drive clean, even the packed stuff...just something cheap and easy to try because there are probably a lot of people with old weight benches sitin around!!!

Chris727
I do have wheel weights but installing them will scratch up the wheels, I probably shouldn't have repainted them. Hanging weight off the rear lift does sound like a better option. The reason I ask about the rubber edge, is that my Dad's walk behind blower has rubber edges on the impeller and it cleans very well. I go all the way down, no skids. This 46" blade was already trashed when I bought it, someone wore it beyond the holes so a new edge can't be installed. I have some other 42" plows I was thinking of doing the mods to. I really don't have much driveway to clean and it doesn't snow often so wear isn't really an issue.

RUMBLEFISH
Here is a rubber edge on my JD and I don't think it would be hard to fab one up. It uses a strip of steel along the back with bolts going thru it to hold it in place and keep the rubber from tearing. The rubber is very thick and durable and replacement cost is like 30 bucks or something. [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/4vg35v.jpg[/IMG]

comet66
If you know someone that works in a gravel pit a piece of conveyor belt will work. One of the guys I know bought a used pickup bed mat and cuts strips off that.

RUMBLEFISH
I am pretty sure its an option when you order the blade. But yea easy to make up. Some have used horse stall mates from TSC or other supply companies and it seems heavy enough to do the job. here is a pic of how mine goes together. [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2w7nw4j.jpg[/IMG]

Sign in to follow this