Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch planter

captainweezy

I got this a month or so ago. Does anybody have one of these planters or know of any information on these. I am looking forward to using this. I don't think I have ever seen one with a sleeve hitch on it.

my father in law had one really close to that and ran on a 710 and that thing was the only way to go but it finally rusted out SO all i would say hand on to that you will like it

This one looks a lot like it, parts still avaible. Also brinley made one like it. http://www.coleplanter.com/12mx.htm http://www.ytmag.com/contents/agp214.htm

what does the mounting point on the front of it look like it may hook up to the simplicity hitch. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/hitch_adaptor.jpg

Cole built the Brinly Planters real good little planters I have several of them.The real challenge is to find the planter plates for that model as they are no longer being made and you need a plate specific for what you are planting.The plates for the MX Planters currently being built do not fit the older ones like you have.I have a master list for the planter plates there are 86 listed on my list.I have 26 different plates some of the plates have very little differences in them anyway.The sleeve hitch works reasonably well but I like to put my sleeve hitch planter on a cat 0 adapter and use a chain for the top link.

I have probably 6 or so plates that went with. I also have the adapter to put on a cat 0. I need to get the planter and a few other implements I picked up inside the shed. Corn is mainly what my wife and I plant so finding this was a nice surprise. The last year I used the earthway. It worked well just not as fun as a tractor.

Sounds like you're ready to go you'll need to dry run it to see how far apart you're planting the seed which can be changed by changing sprockets

• 1 month later...
Levi, I just emailed the distributors from the cole planter site that you send me. They said they only make them for the cat 0 and 1 hitch's now and not sleeve hitch's.:( I guess there was not a big enough demand to justify manufacturing them. I just talked to my neighbor and he said he would plant some corn with his big planter for me so I am not sure what I am going to do. Thanks again for the info.

Hi. If you can get the right plates for it, you can plant your entire garden with it. It will plant snap & lima beans, peas, watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, okra, corn, spinach, and virtually any other vegetable you can think of.

These are a great little machine. I have one in really good original condition w/red boxes and row marker along w/4 seed plates. Challenge is to find one that does not have metal fatigue or degradation where fertilizer, accumulated dust and dirt, or mouse nests have collected moisture over years and rust set in.

I actually decided to list it on ebay Sunday evening. We will see what it brings. Had 36 watchers within 24 hours so I don't think that is too bad. My neighbor is going to plant corn for me instead of using a one row on 3 acres.

quote:
Originally posted by captainweezy
I actually decided to list it on ebay Sunday evening. We will see what it brings. Had 36 watchers within 24 hours so I don't think that is too bad. My neighbor is going to plant corn for me instead of using a one row on 3 acres.
I saw this the other day and wanted to bid but you dont offer shipping :(