Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Not an Allis but it's yellow...

grnlark
I'm sure you guys have seen me post various Panzers I've bought, sold or added to the "do not part with" fleet. Well, last week I went to go look at another Panzer I saw on Craigslist. The Panzer was a wreck, but I saw the tail end of this thing sitting there in the back of the garage. Turns out it was a 1965 Cub Cadet 100. I asked the guy if he was interested in selling the Cub and after negotiating price back and forth for a week I finally went to go get it the other night. It's a fully functioning driving and mowing unit. It's the first Cub I have ever owned, but so far I think its pretty awesome. I think it immediately graduated to the "do not part with" fleet. p.s. I removed the air cleaner and gas tank to fix a leaky fitting, thus the reason they appear missing in the pictures.

sbull78
wow nice shape!!!!my dad has a 149 and they are built like tanks!!!they are probably the only other brand i would have in my collection...with the exception of a jd 140h3..and that is it for green....

D-17_Dave
Very tough tractors, but, very hard to work on when something goes wrong. BTW, don't bother trying to use the deck, after using a Simplicity to mow with you'll be ready to sell it if you do.

xenon172
Nice looking Cub! Hard to find the older ones with fenders so you definitely have a keeper. They aren't that hard to work on either and they are fun to drive as well. It's true they won't mow as well as a Simplicity but nothing else does either

Michiganmobileman
Nice finddOd! That one does look to be in great shape. I Have had several cubs B4 I converted to Simp/AC, still have a rolling chassis with hydro rear end in the parts pile, might find a use for it sometime. Tough well built tractors. Greg

Homesteader
nice find! those are really nice tractors. every once in a while check the motor mounts, we got ours in a pile because he broke all four off and twisted the clutch bracket all to heck.

Sign in to follow this