Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Serial number location on Simp 4041

jlasater

I'm looking at buying one of the large 1973 Simplicity tractor (I'm not sure if it's a 4041 or what) and will want to get a bill of sales. Where is the serial number for the tractor located?

I found the manual at the Simplicity site. Thanks guys. Hopefully the tractor will be in decent condition. I'm looking at it tomorrow.

Gear pattern is......
1----------------2 | | | N | | | 3-----------------
Shift lever located under the front of the seat on top of the transnision under your left knee when siting in the seat.

Meh. It had been sold already, the guy just hadn't gotten around to pulling the ad off craigslist. $550 for a running 4041 with a belly mower and 3pt blade! Someone got luck.

Yeah it was Sean. I had it bookmarked since early December, but the guy reposted it, dropping the price each time. I didn't realize this or I would have grabbed it at $700. I would have seen it if he had edited the original ad. These tractors are hard to find on the west coast, unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...