Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler trouble

bud119195

Having problems with my kohler cv18 .motor cranks,has good spark,and is getting gas but will not fire, does any one have a idea about what to ook for? Thanks Todd

Does it even pop? Stuck valve / valves? If you have fuel and spark, there should be some kind of pop even if off time. Have you tried new plugs?

Sprayed gas in carb and it will run. I think it has omething to do with the electric fuel solenoid. do these go bad or do I pull carb and clean it and see what happens?

Fuel solenoids will go bad. When they do, they will not pull the needle out of the seat. I eliminated the solenoid function on a B/S Vanguard that was given to me several years ago. It ran fine after that. I drilled through the side and removed the end of the needle, then reinstalled the assembly into the carb.

Got it running. Pulled carb cleaned it and put back together and it fired up. Didn't see anything real dirty in it but it runs good and now we can plow again. Amazing the power you have with a Yeoman and 18 hp pushing snow

quote:
Originally posted by bud119195
Got it running. Pulled carb cleaned it and put back together and it fired up. Didn't see anything real dirty in it but it runs good and now we can plow again. Amazing the power you have with a Yeoman and 18 hp pushing snow
Pictures! Pictures!

Pretty cool. I would like to throw one together like that to blow paths through the snow to my carpentry shop out in my back yard. A Yeoman is the only thing that will fit through my fence gates into the back yard. Where is the battery? Doesnt look like theres room for it up front anymore?

quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
Is that a two speed or a three speed, Todd? Nice looking tractor, don't remember seeing it when I was at your place. Steve
Trannsmission is a 3 speed. Im on the 2nd one ,Maybe motor is a little much?