Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch

Terry_Hart

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/as.jpg[/img]

This is what you are refering to correct. They are available as individual pieces through a dealer and show up on ebay from time to time as well. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm

This is the rear lift. Number 2 in the first picture connects the rear lift to the one point hitch. I have heard of the one point hitches refered to as sleeve hitches.

Terry, As I understand it the parts are still available, but the kit is no longer available. There have been several posts about this. I think the people who purchase the parts from the dealer spend about 100 to 150. Note the more parts you source from someone else besides the dealer the cheaper the total cost. For example most of the nuts and bolts can be sourced from a hardware store instead of the dealer. Rick.........

The one point runs about $150.00, through my dealer. The clevis assembly is currently backordered through Simplicity. (But the part number is still good.) I have not checked with the dealer for about two weeks now.
quote:
Originally posted by Terry_Hart
Matt, What did it cost you for the parts? I would probably use what I have for bolts.

I checked with my dealer today about the availability of the clevis assembly. The assembly is still backordered. Simplicity has no orders for the assembly so the build date is unknown. It sounds like Simplicity waits until they have several orders and then they make some up. I am not trying to rob Terry's thread, but would any one out there be interested in making up the old style one point hitch?

quote:
Originally posted by jannetto
I am not trying to rob Terry's thread, but would any one out there be interested in making up the old style one point hitch?
What is the old style one point hitch? Pic or diagram?