Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Additional lights for my 716H?

jlasater

If I'm not using the OEM headlights on my 716H, should I be able to power a pair of 55w tractor/implement lights, the kind with the rubber housing and flood lens?

Most Kohlers have a 15 amp alternator system. But, it takes more engine power to run heavy electric loads. I'd recommend some LED lights if possible.

Hrm. 4.5A or so per light is a fair bit. I'm looking at adding a pair of lights similar to this configuration for my 716H when using the snowblower at night: [img]http://ajeservices.com/images/snow_removal_truck_nfzx.jpg[/img] They are out of stock, but something like this might not be too bad, 35w per light: http://www.messicks.com/partdetail/SP0531235DS.aspx

I put a pair of the 55W rubber cased ones on my 716H. I made brackets from mild angle iron and bolted them to the frame. The worked nice and looked pretty good. I have to braze a "t" on them so they wouldn't vibrate and move.

My 17GTHL has 2 aux lamps in winter and a spout rotator plus the headlights and never an issue. Battery is good and a 15amp charging system. If you do add them just run it for a minute or two with the lights off. I usually run mine to the back garage with the aux lights off and just the headlights just to be safe...