Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dealership Tractor Orders

jrichason

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know if a dealership can order tractors during the year, or if they have to order them all at the beginning? I'm planning on buying a new Legacy with the liquid cooled Kawasaki engine in the spring. I have three dealships that are about equal distance from me. I'd like to negotiate with all of them to see which one will give me the best deal. The ability to do this would be limited if they can't order tractors mid year. Thanks for an insight you can offer! Later, John

I am making a guess that garden equipment will be produced to the May - June time frame and then they will start on snowblowers to get them in showrooms about mid to late September. I think that was the genral time frame when Kent and I visited the Port Washington plant a few years ago.

You might want to call and ask Al Eden. He would know for sure, here's his profile. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=1955[/url]