Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
crankyyankee

Allis Garden tractor?

xenon172
Not a clue on what that is but with the JD 110 in the background for size reference it definitely is a garden tractor. The Wisconsin engine adds to the mystery. It might be something AC tried before they got together with simplicity. It's just a matter of time before some member says they have one or two and tells the entire history of the machine. Real nice tractor I would love to see it in person

Glen112
My guess is, as Maynard said, a custom replica of a WD. Since I grew up on a farm and learned to drive tractors (at a very young age) on a WD, this is very intriguing to me. I have been watching it since it hit eBay. I really can't justify it now, but would be interested to know if anyone here wins it. Someone did a pretty good job of duplicating the look of the original WDs (drawbar, throttle quadrant, battery box, etc.). The overall look from the rear is almost perfect. Glen

MPH
I'm with Maynard. Someone with a lot of time and skill built it. Like my Case Comfort King 930 I posted about a while back. Same guy also made a 4 wheel drive with the same styling.

PeppyDan
I'm also with Maynard on this one. It looks to me like the frame is from the early John Deere along with the factory for JD peerless rear end. The fenders appear to maybe be from a Springfield. I would guess that the hood was custom made by possibly cutting or forming correctly curved pieces and then welding them together. These types of creations are gaining popularity in my area(Ohio) and I have seen quality ranging from poor to stunning! Dan

grnlark
Does anyone know who the high bidder was? I was suprised how much interest there was in it actually. A very cool machine indeed. I may have been inclined to pay even more for it had it been a bit closer to me geographically. I'd love to at some point in the future have another opportunity to add it to the collection.

Sign in to follow this