Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ketchk

Engine made model and code

ketchk
Im trying to restore a 1964 Landlord with a 9 HP briggs the tractor numbers are 990314 serial 5030 but to get engine parts the want Make Briggs model ? and code ? can anyone help thanks andy I know its a 9HP briggs but the other numbers are rusted off HELP

UCD
                                  ENGINE      ENGINE SERIES   H.P. MFG. NO. MODEL NO. TYPE NO Landlord  9    990308     23D           0129-01† Landlord  9    990314     23D           0129-01†

Storm7012
When I was getting the parts for mine I told the guy 23D. He'd have to call and talk to someone at Briggs that knew the old engines. Said it wasn't the easiest to get parts for, but they can be got. Now, your going to have to join the club, only $10....I have to see pics of all 64' being worked on, its a rule:D

dynodave
Along with the model, type, what is the code? 2 digit for the year and then 2 more digits for the week? or month? then the next numbers/letters? any idea. My broadmoor 728 has a engine code 79xxxx So I am thinking it is a replacement motor, since 1979 sounds too new for a 728...