Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No spark

I have a Allis Challmers B-10 it just recently died on me while i was cutting. I disengaged everything and then restarted it. I reengaged the mower and went another 15 feet and it died again. I disengaged everything again started it back up drove it to the garage were it died again and hasn't started since. So far i have replaced the points and condenssor and nether has worked. The battery is still good. Originally i could hold the plug wire and crank the engine and feel a slite current but now that is gone.

The onle conclusion I would have is mabe there is a short in the wire. Mabe it burnt out or something. That would be probably your only problem.

You need a good bright spark. Disconnect plug wire and see if it jumpe a 1/4 to 3/8 gap with a good spark. Then remove the plug, reattach the plug wire and ground the base of the plug to see if the plug has a good spark. Be sure the plug wire is not all cracked from age. I had one that got old and would short against the engine where you couldn't see it. Good luck Ken W

Check your coil, if it is going bad it will fail first when it is hot and just get worse from there. Definatly check all the wires for wear and cracks first. Rich.