Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

Gilson Snow Blower

xenon172
Gilson made a lot of high quality snow blowers but unfortunately they are out of business and support for the machines is hard to find. The one in the photos had a broken auger bearing which of course is no longer available. I guess it's a fairly common problem since a gentleman in southern Maine has taken the time to make a replacement. I ordered one and it works perfectly and only took about 5 minutes to install. It would have been a shame to scrap this machine. The guy in Maine has his own web site and has a ton of knowledge on Gilson snow blowers. He is good person to deal with and anyone who has a Gilson should check out this site. http://home.gwi.net/~spectrum/snowblower.html

goatfarmer
I've got a Gilson thrower I picked up from Biggie Rat a while back. I was going to rob the Briggs off of it, but I may look at getting it going again.

jlasater
It's crazy that folks toss snowblowers and tractors because of simple things like that. Worst case, a machine shop could make a replacement easily. Ahhh...the disposable society we live in these days.

Sign in to follow this