Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rototilling & Sandy Lake

JCS

JC, Glad to hear of the great response by Sandy Lake. I've had similar experiences with them, but I didn't know if I was getting "preferential treatment" or not... They also seem to have a great reputation with the "big AC" fans on Darin Stratton's "Unofficial Allis" discussion board.... These tillers do a fine job, too, don't they? I spread two pickup loads of composted cow manure on my garden Saturday and tilled it in. This was the second time I'd tilled it, but I like to till 3 times before planting if I can, with 7-10 days between tillings. This lets the weed seeds sprout, then till them under and kill them. My little Troybilt Pony just gets used for cultivating since I got this one for the tractor.... One of these days I'd like to have a second tractor ready to go at the same time, though, so that I don't need to take off the tiller to put on the mower deck, and vice versa.... All I need is time to work on the Big Ten! Kent

Kent, I mow with my Sovereign and till with the B-1. It's nice to be lazy and select the tractor desired for the job without having to switch implements. Roy

Finally got my $25.00 rototiller together after over $450.00 in parts & repairs. FAXed the local Simplicity dealer on Monday the 7th about the main rototiller belt (cost, in stock, etc) e-mailed S.L.I. on Tuesday the same request. S.L.I. got back to me on Thursday. I told S.L.I. to send belt on Friday. Got belt on Saturday and after making some adjustments rototilled garden with my tiller. I am still waiting for the local dealer to respond!!! All they are interested in is selling new!