Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sierradriver

Big ten belt numbers

sierradriver
I have a big ten and i got a belt for the generator/starter to engine part number 1607323 and it is to short. Can one of you guys tell me if that is the correct number or tell me the correct number please that is all I need to finish my tractor. Thanks in advance Andy/sierradriver

UCD
If the belt is to short after loosining the adjustment slide bracket someone might have installed a differnt slide adjuster or starter/generator bracket on your engine. Suggestion take the adjuster lock bolt out of the S/G and swing the S?G back as far as it will go and install belt, pull S?G tight and try instaling the lock bolt. BIG-10 2025060 Drive Belt# 2154273 See Note Below. Generator Belt# 1607323 P.T.O. Belt# 2164146 Power Lift Belt# 2157230 BIG-10 2025061 Drive Belt# See Note Below. Generator Belt# 1607323 P.T.O. Belt# 2164146 Power Lift Belt# 2157230 Note * Units with Low Speed Pulley use 2174486 Belt.

sierradriver
thanks for the info. I did try that and it is quite possible that it was changed. Does anybody know where I can find a good side view picture or exploded view. And a wiring diagram possible. Thanks again.