Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Darren

B-216????

Darren
well I have found my next purchase maybe????? The guy who owns it swears its a B-216 yes it is a B-200 series but I have never heard of a B-216. it has no decals except for the ALLIS CHALMERS one and I forgot to look at serial number plate he says he has even rebuilt the motor in it a few years back and he says its a 16 horse single cylinder Briggs ya its a single cylinder Briggs but If you ask me I would say its a B-212 with variable speed drive my question is did they ever make a 16hp B series tractor or B-216?? or is this guy just not thinkin straight

UCD
He can call it a B-216 if he wants to. I have A HB-116 (built by SmilinSam) and Kent has a HB-216 (that he built) but these are custon built. and rebadged with new decals. But as far as A real factory built sold to the public Allis Chalmers never produced or sold a B-216. Kent's HB-216 http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/variable_to_hydro.htm [img]/images/var_hydro/left_rear_small.jpg[/img]
My HB-112 (built by SmilinSam) http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/variable_to_hydro2.htm

Darren
thank you very much I appreciate all the info now its back to dealing on it if I get it bought i will post some pics and once agian my membership has paid for its self thanks again.

Blazerjeepman3
I agree with you storm, I've had B&S engines last a lot longer than any Kohler. Have 7 now ,(2) 3310 H and V,(1) 3314V, (1) 64 B10,(1) 64 LL and (1) 3212H with original B&S engines. The one with Kohler power is a 301 currently out my 7112 for a rebuild.

simplejim
arent all of the manufactures in hot water right now about the horse power rating game? i do agree the briggs seem to hold up longer and 14hp or not i believe the briggs out torques the kohler with a longer stroke and heavier flywheel,while the kohler is a faster reving small block chevy type engine