Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

75th Anniversary Tractor

Roy

" Add Number: 15700 Category: For Sale: Tractors Posted on: 01/20/2010 at 10:45:51 I still have a 1997 anniversary lawn tractor in the crate. Paid 5800.00 for it in 1997.I guess its time to sell it. $5000.00 obo. Serial # 375. Same tractor as 900 series agco. Contact Information Contact Person: jrhurtt Contact Email: jrhurtt@polarcomm.com Location: Hoople, N.D. Price: $5000.00" Wonder if it has a CH-18 OHV or TH-18 OHC engine. Good opportunity for someone looking for a new Sovereign. Be interestng to know what it sells for.

quote:
Originally posted by CarlH
Roy, All of the 75th anniversary tractors came with your favorite Kohler engine, the Triad OHC TH18. sm01sm01
Think Kohler or Simplicity will pop for a new "CH" engine? My educated guess, I don't think so.

I have one of the last model year sovereigns I bought brand new for 6,300 has ps/pl. It came with the triad motor, and right around 75 hours i started to have problems. I had to take it to the dealer and write several letters to simplicity, but with the help of Al Eden and some others I got simplicity to put in a brand new CH18 engine. That being said the tractor runs flawlessley now. I have been trying to sell the sovereign with a ch18, snow cab, tiller deck ect and cant even get any realistic offers, I think 5k may be a bit much, esp if it is a non PS model.

Seems like there's more 75th's around than the standard models of the same years. Its unfortunate that many people bought these as an investment only instead of using them and getting an engine under warranty. I've never seen one sell for new price.