Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

electric lift

ac.d17iv

Bret, not unless you can turn the cylinder so the 2 bolts sticking out lock on the 2nd bracket. Possible but I have only seen the sovereign ones...

The location of the pins (distance from base) might also be an issue. The location sets the mounting location, and if it's not correct, there will be interferences. The difference between electric lifts for an A/C Homelite and the Simplicity is the location of the pins along the cylinder. On a Homelite, the pins are high, about midway along the cylinder. On a Simplicity, they are low, near the base. I think the AC tractor electric lifts are like the Homelite, but I've never seen one "in person" to know for sure.

I believe if you take that bracket off, that there are a couple of smaller bolts that you can remove at the bottom and turn the cylinder tube 90 degrees. Thedaddycat did thi quite a while back. Here is the post I was talking about. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11596&SearchTerms=saginaw