Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grey 3410s

Bailey

So I picked up a 3410s last night .... wondering about the grey paint. I know I've seen this before, but can't find any explanation searching here. Does anyone know are all 3410's grey? Was grey only used one year, which year(s)? Just curious ..... Thanks

I have a 3314 V and a 3310 V that I bought new in April 1971 and both have grey hood and wheels. The rest of the tractor was red ,black running boards, rearend ,and BGB.The 3414 were the same. I have factory catalogs from 1971 thru 1973 that show these colors.

My 3410 had a more off white color for the hood, and wheels. I purchased it from the original owner, when it was about 10 years old, so I don't think the color had been changed. When I repainted the hood a few years ago, RustOLeum Almond was a pretty close match.

I found some more catologs that show the 3410 in color and this catolog is not dated but I believe it is 1974, the last year of the 3410 ,became the 7010 in 1975.It is cream in color on the hood and wheels. Sorry I refered to the 3414 instead of 3410 in my prior post. AS far as I can tell the grey hoods were from 1971 /1973. My 2nd cousin was a Simplicity dealer for many years and after my Dad bought 64 LL, I went back to his store to look at new Simplicities ever year picking up catologs. I always regreting not buying a Powermax. That are so cool

Bobj details his paint matching experience with the gray paint on his '73 3416 in this thread here (scroll down to his posts): [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=77887[/url] Judging by his pictures, it looks like he was dealing with the same gray color as seen on my 3410S. In my humble opinion, this OEM color is Gray, not cream or almond or off-white, it's just Gray all day long. In some of the photos of my 3410S, it actually looks like Gray primer!

I have a 1972 3410 and it depends on what lighting its in. Under indoor lights it looks like it has some dark almond in it, when outside it pretty much looks grey.