Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Two More for a newbie ......

Bailey

Added a couple this week..... First, I traded a nice Gravely 1238H and $100 for a 3212V, a 46" blade, 42" deck and a spare 3 speed chunk. The gravely was a freebie that I've only invested $35 in a new belt. That's a 7010 with a 3400 series hydro being rebuilt behind it......

Last night I gave $200 for this 3410s, another 46" blake and 42" deck. The blade is in really good shape. The deck shell is shot, but all the hardware is clean. PO teaches computer classes at a local college, says he's not mechanical ..... huge understatement. Check out the picture of the carb below.

I've got a new plug for this carb, but what's the right way to seal it in? Believe it or not, this things starts right up with NO SMOKE! The parking brake rod had also been burnt in half, and the tension pulleys/bracket had somehow been ripped off the frame. He gave me a file full of reciepts, including new piston/rings and all new ignition components and bgb rebuild in the early 90's.

On the carb plug and if the groove is clean, you can use a golf ball and seat the plug with a medium smack from a hammer and that should be it no sealant required.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
On the carb plug and if the groove is clean, you can use a golf ball and seat the plug with a medium smack from a hammer and that should be it no sealant required.
Learned this trick from Bob here after trying and failing to successfully seat welch plugs. It works!

Hey Bailey, nice haul. i have a 3212v also and i love it. just put on a 36" snowblower and a cab this month. this tractor loves to work. it has been a great tractor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• John Levis
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts