Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

could someone post or send pic of 416 air cleaner?

sammiefish

I would like to see an original air cleaner on a 416. Im interested in the cover mostly... Is the cover on the 416 smooth like the 10-14Hp 300s or are there folds radiating from the center... I see this on a Wheel Horse 16

ahhh, thats what I see on the Wheel Horse one I saw... not the smooth dished cover as on the K241-301.... Now all I wonder is if this was a later version... (im my own worst enemy... gotta be original)... but i guess better than sucking dirt!!! Thanks!!

yup... the smooth middle... What are those holes in the side of the cover? neither my 10 or 12 has those... is that a "silencer" cover?

Our 416 had the folds. The Engine had the spec number 71106 which according to the Kohler lookup site was assigned to Simplicity and the air cleaner cover shows folds in the illustration and is part number 4508201-S. Here's a shot of our 416, hope it helps.

thats perfect!! I guess Im on the right track now... Its interesting that the engine spec# listed Simplicity... being allis made my 310 and 12 spec # lists allis... your 416 seems to have nice paint... Thanks for the photo...