Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
elevatorman

AC 712S garden tractor

elevatorman
I have a allis chalmers 712s tractor with a few questions for the forum. 1-How strong are the 712S tractors in reference to transmissions and rear ends? 2-Can this model be used for plowing with a brinley plow with rear Ag tires? 3-Someone told me that if you remove the mowing deck the leaver used to raise and lower the deck also will raise and lower the rear hitch mechanism with a cable attached. any help I appreciate on this tractor....thank you

RayS
The transmission are strong and if you take care of them they will last a very long time. Yes you can plow with them as well and if you have a rearlift yes you can lift rear attactments. http://simpletractors.com/models/ac_700_series.htm

RedbarnRick
Welcome to the club, this is the best ten bucks you ever spent. I have an older hydro 3416, I've had it since '77 and it's still going.There are a lot of guys with shuttle shift here that can give you tons of info.

OrangeMetalGuy
Very strong machines. Since yours is a shuttle, make sure you have the manual and learn how to adjust the shuttle drive. The lift mechanism lifts both the center lift and the rear lift (though the rear lift may be an option, others will know better than me).

goatfarmer
Welcome!d:) Yes, you definately want to learn the idiosyncrasy's of the shuttle transmission. Adjustments can be critical.

SmilinSam
I have two 712-s tractors. One I just retired and relegated top spare parts. Linkages and parts are getting worn so it doesnt stay adjusted too well anymore and is a PIA to keep monkeying with. That and I'm tired of being choked to death ny the growingly excessive smoke from the engine. The other one has relatively little wear to the drive linkages and it operates really well. I have it set up with a new 42" deck and my frame mount vacuum attachment. It has been repowered witha 16hp opposed twin Briggs. No complaints on it so far.