Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

All this for $96 !!!

Bailey
OK ... it's not that simple. I traded a Cub Cadet 1211 and a Poulan Pro self propelled even. Both were freebies, total investment in bearing, gaskets etc came to about $96. Of course, both were in very good condition and needed nothing, and what I traded for needs some work .......

The decks appear to be in really good shape, and the sickle bar has a few new parts and is in working condition ....

The 3012 is a running tractor, everthing works, just not perty. The AC has not run for 3 years ... PO says he started to re-wire and just never finished ... I expect I'll have to find out exactly why he didn't finish. My first AC, so I don't really know the models. PO says this is a B-10, which, I think, would have a 9 hp engine??? Is the engine the only way to tell a B-10 from the Big Ten?

SmilinSam
If the grill is original to the tractor, it looks like a Big Ten to me. The engine is painted yellow, and only the early 9hp B-10s and the Big Ten tractors in this tractor style had yellow engines. The Early B-10's had a totally different grill and emblem than the one in your tractor. The Big Tens had a grill and emblem like you have. I believe the Early B-10s also had a different steering gear setup that was improved upon in the Big Ten. Could be wrong, its been a few years since I worked on these types.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
If the grill is original to the tractor, it looks like a Big Ten to me. The engine is painted yellow, and only the early 9hp B-10s and the Big Ten tractors in this tractor style had yellow engines. The Early B-10's had a totally different grill and emblem than the one in your tractor. The Big Tens had a grill and emblem like you have. I believe the Early B-10s also had a different steering gear setup that was improved upon in the Big Ten. Could be wrong, its been a few years since I worked on these types.
Agree. The combination of grille and yellow engine appear to make it a Big Ten...

SethL007
Bailey yeah same area carrolton is in columbiana county i believe but anyways i figured thats where you got them i bought the b-1 he had for sale. Where are you located? I live in the wooster area.

Sign in to follow this