Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bailey

All this for $96 !!!

Bailey
OK ... it's not that simple. I traded a Cub Cadet 1211 and a Poulan Pro self propelled even. Both were freebies, total investment in bearing, gaskets etc came to about $96. Of course, both were in very good condition and needed nothing, and what I traded for needs some work .......

The decks appear to be in really good shape, and the sickle bar has a few new parts and is in working condition ....

The 3012 is a running tractor, everthing works, just not perty. The AC has not run for 3 years ... PO says he started to re-wire and just never finished ... I expect I'll have to find out exactly why he didn't finish. My first AC, so I don't really know the models. PO says this is a B-10, which, I think, would have a 9 hp engine??? Is the engine the only way to tell a B-10 from the Big Ten?

rpickle
You're dealin'! Sickle bar too! I haven't got an AC yet, but think one will be, especially if it is a deal like yours! Rick

jfrank1962
You got the better end of that deal, by far!! dOd Very nice.

SmilinSam
If the grill is original to the tractor, it looks like a Big Ten to me. The engine is painted yellow, and only the early 9hp B-10s and the Big Ten tractors in this tractor style had yellow engines. The Early B-10's had a totally different grill and emblem than the one in your tractor. The Big Tens had a grill and emblem like you have. I believe the Early B-10s also had a different steering gear setup that was improved upon in the Big Ten. Could be wrong, its been a few years since I worked on these types.

Corncountytractors
Great score pat yourself on the back for that one. Good deals are still out there. Just few and far between anymore. BOB

johnmonkey
OOOOOOOOOOOOWow I could only hope for a deal like that. Great work. jh

MPH
So what kind of sleeping pills do you use. That was one great deal. Congrats to you.

Michiganmobileman
Nice Buy!! Greg

JimH
Awsome deal........

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
If the grill is original to the tractor, it looks like a Big Ten to me. The engine is painted yellow, and only the early 9hp B-10s and the Big Ten tractors in this tractor style had yellow engines. The Early B-10's had a totally different grill and emblem than the one in your tractor. The Big Tens had a grill and emblem like you have. I believe the Early B-10s also had a different steering gear setup that was improved upon in the Big Ten. Could be wrong, its been a few years since I worked on these types.
Agree. The combination of grille and yellow engine appear to make it a Big Ten...

4xbill
Good Deal!

Chris727
Doesn't get any better than that!!! Looks like you paid for the sickle and got everything else for free!

SethL007
did you happen to get this from a gentleman from columbiana ohio??

MDB
Now that is what I call a great deal...dOd:D

Bailey
Hey Seth ... I'm not sure where Columbiana is, but these came from Carrollton.....

Simplicity85
Nice pics and haul

sierradriver
Good buy and haul, you got the better part of the deal.

IronPony
Columbiana is east of Canton and near the PA border south of Youngstown, OH

perry
nice haul ^. ill take that sickle bar off your hands :D

SethL007
Bailey yeah same area carrolton is in columbiana county i believe but anyways i figured thats where you got them i bought the b-1 he had for sale. Where are you located? I live in the wooster area.

s_stephen
wow great deal!!!!

Sign in to follow this