Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

Big10 axle tube

B10Dave
ngr2 Broke the axle tube on my Big10 last night while cleaning the driveway. Had to hand push it back into the shop. Of course it broke out at the road about 180 feet from shop. Could someone point me to a thread on changing the tube. Also does anyone have one out so they could measure the length, wall thickness and key way location so I can get another one made. According to the part number the tube is used in B10, Big10,late model Bee10. Thanks B10Dave dOd

RayS
This will work. http://cgi.ebay.com/simplicity-3012-Allis-chalmers-garden-tractor-AXLE-TUBE_W0QQitemZ220544952472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335980e898

GregB
Or if you are feeling rich 2164222SM @ 171.53 ordered from one of our sponsors. :O Either way don't forget seals ( 2154269SM, 6.94) and checking the diff while the thing is apart.

B10Dave
^Thanks for the advice and seal part numbers Greg. Are they the currant numbers at a Simplicity dealer? Thanks Dave.dOd

GregB
Took them right off the SEPW link on the Simple tractors page, prices also. Any time you see the SM suffix on the part number, it ususally means it is current as they added that after Briggs bought out Simplicity.