Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Sunstar

AC_TOY_BOY

I purchased a Sunstar [1692133 - 20hp] from a gent. It has been sitting for 3-4 years but ran when he parked it. He did state that it had low compression so he bought a new box store tractor.I did not hear it running. It has the Kohler command engine, I happened to have a good used one and replaced it. The problem - after replacing engines it will not crank, I have replaced ignition switch, checked all safety switches, checked wiring. Could it be the interlock module?What does this do for the tractor? When you turn key on neutral or seat safety light do not come on[ checked bulbs], just the oil light comes on. Does anyone have a wiring diagram, is it the interlock module, or something else that I have overlooked?XX( All help greatly appreciated, totally enjoy this site with all its help, Thanks in advance, Bob.

I had a similar issue on a 716H. Ended up making a copy of the wiring diagram and checking each and every connection with a multi-meter. When you verify a connection, check it off and keep going until you have checked every connection (or it starts). Don't assume anything either - my bad connection was a 4" piece of wire that was broken inside the insulation. That's why I say check each and every connection. You'll get it- might just take some time.