Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tow Bee Trailer

SethL007

Hey guys i am looking for some input. I have located a Allis Chalmers Tow-Bee trailer in poor to average shape. It is not for sale right now but i am thinking for the right price i could get it. What is too much for a trailer like this? I havent seen one for sale before so i dont know the value. I just think it would be a great addition to my collection of 13 B series tractors!! Thanks in adavnce for any info!

it matters how bad you want it!! Have you ever seen one before and how long til you think youll see one again... what exactly is a tow-bee... a yellow allis trailer with special decals? seems like youve got a bit of experience w/ 13 b series.... WOW

I've seen a number of the snow-co trailers, I don't think they're actually that rare and most don't tilt, so they're not terribly practical. These were also offrered for JD and Massey, and probably other brands. Now finding one that has original AC decals would actually be a pretty rare find. I guess it depends on how bad you want it. I can't see one of these little trailers going for more than $500 but I could be wrong. Can't say I've seen one for sale recently.

I have one of the Snow trailers that is larger and has tandem axles. It tilts with a hydraulic hand pump. I love the usability of that rig. It has been beefed up and I have hauled several cars on it.

If thats the trailer... and its labelled with original allis decals... I would love to see a picture!! I would pay top dollar for it... if I had money... how much can you get a crappy old trailer for... pay more... and fix it up... thatsa great trailer to take things to a show with.. you are VERY lucky to have even found it.. If you dont want it let me know where it is !!! Ok, ill throw out a # poor shape 25 - 200 fair shape 200 - ?

I have one of those that has the axle moved back, the tongue bent and replaced, and it got painted purple. Yep, not pretty but the tractor pulls it around the yard with firewood well!

http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=105508&SearchTerms=trailer I gave 500 for mine last summer. I feel lucky as it's in useable condition and they are fairly rare here in the south east.

I saw one of these trailers on craigslist mass or RI recently. Came across it while searching for a deckover trailer.. I think it was 250.00 .. It wasnt yellow , looked bluish.. Sounds like a cool trailer to paint up and tow your show tractor with..

saw two at the florida show last week. one is the tandem axle and is painted purple. locked up and registered so i doubt it is for sale the other was on the ground last show with no tires, no kick plate or fenders. said to myself 'self, you should buy that!' this show it had tires and a logo painted on it. drat, too late!! (didn't really have the money for it anyway) only two i've ever seen.

quote:
Originally posted by crankyyankee
I saw one of these trailers on craigslist mass or RI recently. Came across it while searching for a deckover trailer.. I think it was 250.00 .. It wasnt yellow , looked bluish.. Sounds like a cool trailer to paint up and tow your show tractor with..
Those colours are the orriginal colours from SnowCo. There is a copy of the orriginal broshure in Simpletractors.