Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homecoming Shock

MPH

Left for Anchorage Wed, planing on returning thur, decided to spend Fri to take care of my Gubbers as she was feverish and daughter couldn't take her to daycare to go to work. After a beautiful sunny drive down

These Eureka Pass trees never do look like trees but the 'snow pole' effect was strange even for them

Driving into the sunset from Palmer to Anchorage really sucked, til I saw the steam cloud from the natural gas generator at Muldoon.

Beautiful clear day most the way home, shot of the Mts in the Copper River Valley

As I neared the end of the Copper river valley I drove into strong winds, drove over Mentasta Pass into a snow storm. Guess it came through Tok as I got home to 5-6 inches of new snow. Attempted action shots of the LL plowing.

Stopped with a blade full

Too dark before I was done for finished job, which was everything plowed up too the berms, making the driveway narrow, so I fired up the stove in the leanto where the B-112 is parked for the night and went out and blew for another hour today, except I just realized I haven't downloaded the camera yetB). Will add a few more later. Well, guess action shots on a cloudy day, through a plastic windshield aren't really worth carring the camera for, but I WON't be takeing off the cab so I can take pictures.:)

Might have to try wide tires on the front of the LL if I want to plow infront of the house anymore, the Tri-ribs won't climb up on my freeze dried snow bank.

The "snow pole" tree pictures make it look as if you are on another planet. Beautiful scenery. ^ Good to hear that Grandpa is taking care of Gubbers. Carry on,

Your pictures remind me how cold my feet are going to be later this week cutting brush down to the bosses house and woods. Had my rubber boot liners out to dry the other day and the daughters pup chewed them to bits. Be a week for new ones to get here once oredered. No one carries the liners only locally.:(

Marty, Got to tell you my wife absolutely LOVES your pics. We have two computers, one for each of us, next to each other. Often I will say "Hey sweetie, look at this pic of a tractor" and she will glance over and say thats nice. When I tell her there are pictures from up your way, she slides right over to check them out. She is even suggesting we go to Alaska one year for a vacation, but she wants to go in the wintertime. Gotta love a lady who is that into winter! And by the way, I liked the scenery pics as well, but that blower working was more my thing, I love it! Steve

Marty, As others have said, great pics as usual and thanks for sharing. I saw some of those "trees" in the summertime. And they do look even more strange in the winter. Thanks again.